How would you rank your tooth brushing maintenance? Are you doing enough to fight the ailments that plague your mouth, including plaque buildup and harmful acids? Even though brushing is a skill we begin at a very young age, it will take time to master the subtle nuances that are necessary to keep it effective. For more information about tooth brushing care, consider the following:
– A good toothbrush fits properly in your mouth, has soft bristles, is flexible enough to reach all areas of your mouth, and doesn’t cause you wrist pain or discomfort when being used.
– Just as your teeth need to stay fresh to stay clean, so too must your toothbrush stay clean.
– Prevent contamination by keeping your toothbrush aired out and free of sealed environments.
– If you cannot brush easily or effectively with a traditional toothbrush, switch to an electric toothbrush.
– Be sure to consult your dentist to ensure your toothbrush and toothpaste are safe and effective. Furthermore, look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure they meet the standards established by the American Dental Association for safety and effectiveness.
– You cannot expect to clean your teeth if your cleaning tools are not clean and in good working condition, so repair and replace them as necessary.
– Never cross-contaminate your toothbrush with another, as sharing toothbrushes spread bacteria.
For any additional questions or concerns about tooth brushing habits and effective oral health care treatments, Out Of This World Dentistry is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Destiny Rockwood and our team at our dentist office in Draper, Utah, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 801-571-6751. Let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile!