Is your smile prepared for the Halloween season? Have you crafted a candy plan to make sure your Halloween will go off without a hitch with your oral health care? If not, it is not too late to begin to establish plans and guidelines to follow to ensure your smile will survive the sugar rush this season, including the following:
– Stick to healthy choices this Halloween. The healthier the foods you eat are, the greater the chance your teeth and gums will continue to thrive.
– If you wish to keep your children from harming their teeth from the sweets collected from trick-or-treating, offer to swap them for money, toys, or other rewards.
– Be sure to visit your dentist for your regular check-ups and professional cleanings.
– Continue using effective oral hygiene plans including cleaning and rinsing out your mouth after snacking or mealtime.
– Always be sure to double-check your own candy and your loved one’s candy for any products or substances that may be excessively hazardous to teeth and gums.
For more tips and tricks to improve your smile and oral health, please call Out Of This World Dentistry at 801-571-6751, or stop by our office in Draper, Utah. Dr. Destiny Rockwood and our team look forward to seeing you smile!